Over four years ago I purchased a pair of VivoBarefoot Dharmas by Terra Plana.
A revolutionary pair of shoes that have forever awakened my life
and connection to the Earth as I move about step by step.
At the time, I was a Senior Designer in the footwear industry
traveling for inspiration. I was at a stage of evolution in my life where
I was ready for more than a shoe that was just aesthetically appealing.
I was ready for a sustainable shoe that was vogue,
healthy for my body and our earth.
A very rare shoe!
When I first encountered the VivoBarefoot Dharma I wasn’t yet aware
of the sustainable significance of these shoes and the company Terra Plana
and neither was the store clerk in the gallery style boutique. I was inspired
by the Dharma and all I needed to do was put them on and walk around.
Wow, I feel more present and connected than I have ever felt
in a pair of shoes! This is the closest alternative
to being barefoot yet.
I absolutely believe in the importance of walking barefoot on the Earth
as often as possible, though walking barefoot in the urban world
where there are all kinds of sharp elements often unseen
to the eye isn’t appealing to me.
The soles of the VivoBarefoot contain a weave of Duratex
ensuring resistance to almost any punctures. This material
also allows the soles to be quite thin creating an intimate
closeness and sensitivity as you walk.
What about Vibram Five Fingers some of you reading this
may be wondering? Wonderful shoes as well
serving a different purpose.
Why I love the VivoBarefoot Dharma!
• Stengthen the muscles in your feet
• Realign your posture
• Stimulate sensory perception
• Protection of normal shoes
• Health benefits of going barefoot
• They are simple and easy
• A truly quality shoe
Why I love Terra Plana!
• A remarkably conscious and sustainable footwear design company.
• They offer the most inspiring life cycle and ecological ethics I have seen.
• They rate all their shoes according to an Eco Matrix which is based on the 5 Senses
• They consulted with a Podiatrist to create an ergonomic footbed.
• Offer a dynamic range of vogue footwear designs for Women + Men + Kids.
Below is an inspirational video intimately revealing Terra Plana’s process…
“An inflexible shoe effectively splints the foot
and prevents it from its natural range of movements.
As a result the arch of the foot often becomes
weak and collapsed since the muscles are
no longer exercised.”
- VivoBarefoot by Terra Plana
Bountiful Blessings & Gratitude,
Dalkoiya B. Batchelor
This post is tagged